Infinite Campus Parent/Guardian and Student Portal
Section 1: User Expectations
The Internet and secure web access have altered the ways that confidential information may be accessed, communicated and transferred by members of society. These changes are influencing instruction and student leaning. The School Board supports access by parents/guardians, students, teachers and administrators to information resources that will improve participation in a child’s education and improve communication among students, parents/guardians, teachers and administrators.
Half Hollow Hills School District manages student information electronically and will make the student education records available for viewing only to authorized parents/guardians with a secure Internet connection. All parents/guardians who choose to access the Parent/Student Portal must comply with the Internet use regulations and all technology regulations/procedures, as well as all other District policies that may apply.
Electronic Access to Student Information
Half Hollow Hills uses a secure Internet site to enable electronic access to student information; enhancing communication between parents/guardians, students, teachers and administrators
A. Rights and Responsibilities
This access is a service offered to all current and active parents/guardians and students of Half Hollow Hills. Access to student information from the Internet is a privilege not a right. Only after a family has enrolled their child(ren) in Half Hollow Hills will a parent/guardian and/or student be authorized to activate a web account. Once a student withdraws or graduates from HALF HOLLOW HILLS their access will be inactivated. Parents/guardians, students and staff must understand and practice proper and ethical use.
B. Information Accuracy Responsibilities
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility of schools, parents/guardians, and students. The District will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. If a parent/guardian or student discovers any inaccurate information, he/she will immediately notify the District via email [how will they do this --- what should be included in the email – a statement of the inaccurate information, and a phone number, date/time at which they can be reached??] and provide proof of the inaccurate information.
C. Accessible Information
Half Hollow Hills reserves the right to add, modify or delete functions viewed via the Internet site at any time without notice, including but not limited to the functions listed below.
2. Class schedule
3. Report Cards and Interim Reports
4. Student demographics
5. Emergency contact information
7. Assessment data
When the Student Portal is opened, students in grades six to twelve will be able to view their own information. A student will only have access to his/her own student information.
D. Electronic Web Access Agreement
Each parent/guardian will receive via mail, an access code that will enable them to log on to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal and create a userid (login name) and password.
E. Use of the system
Parents/guardians and students are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Parents/guardians and students will act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner.
- Parents/guardians and students will not attempt to harm or destroy the school or the district’s data or networks.
- Parents/guardians and students will not attempt to access information or any account assigned to another user.
- Parents/guardians and students will not use this Internet site for any illegal activity, including violation of Federal and State Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws would be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- Parents/guardians and students who identify a security problem within the Portal must notify the District immediately, [how should they do this] without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
- Parents/guardians an students will not share their password with anyone, including their own child(ren).
- Parents/guardians and students will not set their computer to automatically login to the Parent Portal site.
- Parents/guardians and students identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
F. Security Features
- Access is made available with a secure Internet site.
Note: Account holders are responsible for not sharing their passwords and to properly protect or destroy any printed/electronic documentation generated from this site.
- Three unsuccessful login attempts will disable the user’s account. Until the school has verified the assigned user to the locked account, the account will remain locked. In order to use the account again the user will need to contact their child’s school.
- The users will be automatically logged off if they leave their web browser open and inactive for a period of time.
- The student’s account will be inactivated when the student withdraws or graduates from Half Hollow Hills Schools.
- The Parent/guardian account will be inactivated when all their child(ren) have either withdrawn or graduated from Half Hollow Hills Schools, or a court action denies the parent/guardian access to the student’s information.
Section II: System Requirements and Support
A. System Requirements
- Parents/guardians who encounter a problem using the system, should consult the Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) web page HERE
- If assistance is still needed, an email should be sent to . Included in the email should be name, phone number at which you can be reached, and the best day/time to be reached. When called, you will be asked to provide the your userid created during your initial logon, and answer questions posed to verify your identity.
C. Limitation of School District Liability
The Half Hollow Hills Schools will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. The District will not be responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of the District’s system or the Internet. The District does not promise any particular level or method of access to the Internet site for viewing student information. The District will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian or student that would cause compromise of their student information. The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the Internet site for viewing student information without notice. All parents/guardians who use the District network by requesting an Internet site for viewing student information consent to electronic monitoring and understand that this is a private network used as an educational tool by Half Hollow Hills School employees and students. Account activity is electronically recorded.
Section III: Parent Portal Access and Use
A. Initial Account Request and Setup
- For parents/guardians new to the District
a) After their child(ren) are entered in to the Student Information System, the parent/guardian will receive via US postal mail their activation key.
b) This key will be used by the parent/guardian to create their secure account.
- For parents/guardians who do not currently have an Internet access account but have a child already enrolled.
a) The parent/guardian should send an email to requesting an account.
b) The parent/guardian will receive via US postal mail their activation key.
c) This key will be used by the parent/guardian to create their secure account.
B. Account Unlock Procedures
Three unsuccessful login attempts will disable an account.
Parents/guardians may request that their account be unlocked by sending an email to . Included in the email should be their name, phone number at which they can be reached, and the best day/time to be reached. When called, they must provide the “Personal Login ID” that they created during their initial logon, and answer questions posed to verify my identity. At the discretion of the District, the account may be unlocked, but it is understood that it may take 3 - 5 school days to unlock the account.