Canvas is a web-based learning management system or LMS. It is used by Half Hollow Hills to manage online course learning materials. Canvas LMS allows teachers to manage digital learning by creating and presenting course work. Canvas engages students and allows for teacher feedback about skill development and learning achievement. Additionally, while Canvas is primarily a web-based software, any user can access Canvas on a mobile device from the Canvas Student and Canvas Parent apps.
In order to view your child's account, it is necessary to sign yourself up as an observer.
The Canvas Parent app is the mobile version of Canvas that helps parents and other users with an observer role stay up-to-date with their student's courses.
For Canvas assistance email
HOW DO I LOG INTO CANVAS?
Parents & Non-HHH Users
When setting up the mobile app, parents will need to choose “HHH – Parent”
The following directions will take you through the process of viewing Canvas either through a web browser, or by downloading the app to your phone.
Click here for directions to help you get started.
You can also click here to access a "Canvas 101 Parent Course"
Click here to learn how to change Canvas Observer notifications.
HOW DO I GET THE APP ON MY PHONE?
How do I add multiple children to my Canvas Account?
*You must first set up your account as specified above, and you must first have pairing codes for each student you want to add. Multiple students are best added from the desktop version of Canvas.
- Log into you HHH Canvas account to begin.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on Account and then Observing.
- Enter pairing code for second student.
- Continue entering pairing codes until all students have been added.
- Your other students will then show up in the app.
To set up so that you receive announcements/notifications to your cell phone:
1. In settings, under ways to contact (upper right hand side of the screen), click on the +email address
2. Click text (sms)
3. Enter cell number
4. Enter carrier
5. Enter your email address
6. Click Register
The ParENT APP VS. THE PARENT DESKTOP VIEW
Observer/Parent HELP VIDEOS
- Account Registration and Student Pairing (Observers)
- Canvas Overview for Observers
- Canvas Parent App
- Step by Step Soup to Nuts Video!