Private & Parochial School Transportation
Private and Parochial School Transportation Application
ACCORDING TO NYS LAW:
- THE DISTRICT MUST RECEIVE AT LEAST ONE VALID APPLICATION IN ORDER TO ESTABLISH A BUS ROUTE FOR A PRIVATE SCHOOL.
- A valid application is one that;
- Is received by April 1st of the previous school year (or within 30 days of moving into the district) AND
- From a student who lives within the NYS 15 mile limit from the school they will be attending.
- ANY STUDENT REQUESTING TRANSPORTATION TO PRIVATE SCHOOL MUST APPLY, ON AN ANNUAL BASIS, BY APRIL 1ST OF THE PRECEDING SCHOOL YEAR. THEREFORE PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL APPLICATIONS FOR TRANSPORTATION TO PRIVATE SCHOOL FOR THE UPCOMING 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE SCHOOL DISTRICT BEFORE APRIL 1, 2022.
- THE DISTRICT MUST PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION TO STUDENTS ATTENDING NON-PUBLIC SCHOOLS WHO LIVE WITHIN 15 MILES FROM THE SCHOOL THAT THEY ATTEND.
- If a bus route is established for a school, and you live further than 15 miles from the school, transportation will be made available at a central location point within the district. You would need to get your child to that location in the morning, and pick them up there in the afternoon.
- If you would like to check your distance from the school, please use this website, and make sure you choose ‘shortest distance’ from the tools cog;
Click here for printable application (hard copy)