Please be aware that it is a CRIME to fraudulently register a child in a school district other than the district in which the parents or legal guardians reside. The Half Hollow Hills Central School District is committed to the prevention, termination and prosecution of any such activity.
***Due to the COVID-19 health crisis, all student registrations are temporarily being processed digitally. Please follow the instructions below to register your child(ren).***
K-12 Student Registration: Children at least five years old on or before December 31 will be eligible for admission to kindergarten the preceding September. Please click here for a copy of the District’s registration packet. After completing this packet in its entirety, please scan the documents and email them, along with your scanned proof of residency and photo identification, to .
Universal Pre-Kindergarten Registration: The Half Hollow Hills Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) program is for children 4 years old by December 31, 2020 and not Kindergarten eligible. Please click here for a copy of the District’s registration packet. If you have already completed the one-page UPK Application (page one of the attachment), there is no need to re-submit it. Please simply continue with the remainder of the registration paperwork found here. After completing this packet in its entirety, please scan the documents and email them, along with your scanned proof of residency and photo identification, to .
Committee for Preschool Special Education (CPSE) Registration:
If you are registering to initiate the Committee for Preschool Special Education (CPSE) process, click here. After completing this packet in its entirety, please scan the documents and email them, along with your scanned proof of residency and photo identification, to . When completed, contact Dan Gigliobianco ( ) and a CPSE packet will be sent to you for your signatures.
All questions regarding Homelessness/Unaccompanied Youth should be directed to:
Photo Identification and Proof of Residency
(No exceptions will be made)
Homeowners: Please provide any of the following:
- House Deed
- Suffolk County Tax Bill
- Sales Contract with Attorney Letter
- Mortgage Statement
Renters must provide the following:
- Landlord's Affidavit
Both Homeowners and Renters MUST also provide two of the following:
- Telephone/Cell phone bill
- Water Bill/PSEG
- Cablevision bill
- Credit Card Statement
- Bank Statements/Government issued notices
- New DMV issued Drivers License
Documents for Child
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of mandatory immunization for Diphtheria (DPT series minimum of 3, Polio (OPV series minimum of three), Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR series of two) Hepatitis B Vaccine (series of three) and Varicella (Chicken Pox) 1 dose of Varivax vaccine after 1st birthday, or serological proof of immunity, or physician's documentation of illness. Proof of Tdap (Pertussis Booster) immunization within two weeks of eleventh birthday.
- Parental guardianship - Copies of court papers
- All Foster Parents must submit, at registration, a letter from the placement agency indicating the licensed foster parent plus date of birth and grade of child and Form DSS 2999 completed by the placement agency.
- Transfer card or report card showing proof of grade level for transfer student.