Information Regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Information, updates and links to keep the Half Hollow Hills community up-to-date and informed with the latest information as it becomes available. We thank you for your continued support in helping to lessen the potential emotional impact created during this challenging time.
School Buildings Closed For Rest Of Academic Year
Governor Cuomo has announced that all school buildings in New York will remain closed for the rest of the academic year in an attempt to help protect our children, students and educators from the ongoing pandemic. Half Hollow Hills will continue to provide distance learning for our students until the end of the academic year. Any decision on summer school will be announced by the Governor by the end of May.
We are committed to the safety of our students, staff and families, and will follow any directives or guidance provided by federal, state or local officials. Within those bounds, we are working with all stakeholders to develop safe plans that allows us to recognize our students for their incredible accomplishments.
Please continue to practice social distancing during this emergency closure to protect yourselves, your families, and our community at large.
- What are some healthy habits & preventative measures I can practice with my family?
- How can I address COVID-19 with my child?
- Do you have any additional mental health or social-emotional resources?
- Are district outdoor and indoor facilities open?
- Where can I find information on how will this closure impacts Regents Examination and Graduation requirements?
- Are free “Grab-and-Go” bagged meals available during the school closure?
- What if I'm a Health Care Worker or First Responders and need emergency childcare?
- Where can I find translated accessible COVID-19 information in languages other than English?
- Do you have any resources that can help if I've lost health insurance coverage during this health crisis?
- Do you have any information about COVID-19 testing sites in Suffolk County?
- Why am I not receiving updates from the District?