Update Regarding COVID-19
On March 12, 2020, District Administration participated in a county-wide conference with County Executive Steve Bellone and the Commissioner of the Suffolk County Department of Health, along with representatives from their offices. During this call, school districts in Suffolk County received new guidance resulting from the current situation relating to COVID-19. This guidance dictates that the following protocols will be put in place effective immediately:
- All field trips involving travel outside of the school district in the month of March will be canceled or postponed. Class trips to the Half Hollow Hills Planetarium and Discovery Center will proceed as scheduled.
- Large group activities taking place during or after the school day, such as assemblies, will be canceled or postponed.
- All dramatic or musical productions will be postponed and rescheduled.
- Facilities use by outside organizations after school hours is no longer permitted until further notice.
- Adult Education classes have been canceled until further notice.
- REACH CYA childcare will continue as scheduled.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.